museum-digitalsachsen-anhalt

Close
Close

National People´s Army

"The National People´s Army (German: Nationale Volksarmee, NVA) was the armed forces of the German Democratic Republic (GDR) from 1956 to 1990.

The NVA was organized into four branches: the Landstreitkräfte (Ground Forces), the Volksmarine (Navy), the Luftstreitkräfte (Air Force), and the Grenztruppen (Border Troops). The NVA belonged to the Ministry of National Defence and commanded by the National Defense Council of East Germany, headquartered in Strausberg 30 kilometers (19 mi) east of East Berlin. From 1962, conscription was mandatory for all GDR males aged between 18 and 60 requiring an 18-month service, and was the only Warsaw Pact military to offer non-combat roles to conscientious objectors, known as "construction soldiers" (Bausoldat). The NVA reached 175,300 personnel at its peak in 1987." - (en.wikipedia.org 30.01.2020)

Objects and visualizations

Relations to objects

Motorrad MZ ES 250-2 A (NVA)Motorrad MZ ETZ 250 A (NVA)Motorrad MZ TS 250 AWartburg 1.3 KübelMZ TS 250 - 1 NVA in Exportversion für die WüsteLKW BUS Barkas B 1000 DRK der NVA
Show objects

Relations to actor

This actor (left) is related to objects with which other actors (right) are related to

[Relation to person or institution] National People´s Army
[Relation to person or institution] Gesellschaft für Sport und Technik

Show relations to actors
Relations to places

Relations to time periods

Show relations to time periods