museum-digitalsachsen-anhalt

Close
Close

Bishopric of Naumburg-Zeitz

"The Prince-Bishopric of Naumburg-Zeitz (German: Bistum Naumburg-Zeitz; Latin: Citizensis, then Naumburgensis or Nuemburgensis) was a medieval diocese in the central German area between Leipzig in the east and Erfurt in the west. The seat of the bishop was Zeitz Cathedral in Zeitz from 968 and 1029 and Naumburg Cathedral in Naumburg between 1029 and 1615. It was dissolved in the wake of the Reformation. The Bishopric of Zeitz-Naumburg encompassed the four archdeaconries of Naumburg, Zeitz, Altenburg and "trans Muldam" (comprising the sub-districts (Unterbezirke) of Lichtenstein, Glauchau, Hartenstein and Lößnitz)." - (en.wikipedia.org 30.01.2020)

Objects and visualizations

Relations to objects

Das Stifft Naumburg und Zeitz nebst einem grossen Theil der angraenzenden LaendeChronik von Zeitz und den Dörfern des Zeitzer KreisesStein mit dem Wappen des Bischofs Johannes III. von SchönbergSupplication und Ecplica ...
Show objects

Relations to actor

This actor (left) is related to objects with which other actors (right) are related to

[Relation to person or institution] Bishopric of Naumburg-Zeitz

Show relations to actors